Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The great Tae Kim Adventure

I've decided to now pick up on this whole grammar thing.

I was going through Japanese for Everyone, but decided to do a FAST run-through of all basic grammar. Thankfully there is a tae kim anki deck to ensure I retain all of the information that I learn :)

So far I have only finished the "basic grammar" section and I am about to move onto "essential grammar". The essential is still fairly basic, but I am surprised at how much I'm already picking up from this guide. It is well laid out, has great examples, concise explanations, what more can you ask for!

Recently I've tried doing more communication in Japanese since I'm cutting back on written reviews, and the results have been great, I am slowly working more and more topics into my online chats, and the increased grammar base makes it much easier to express my thoughts clearly!

I have close to 400 of the core2k sentences under my belt as well, the first 400 were considered the "basic" sentences so I know the difficulty will ramp up, but it's nice knowing I am almost 20% through a 2000 piece series! Feels like RTK all over again, but more useful :D

2 comments:

  1. I should get back to Tae Kim one of these days, I just visit the site when I need to confirm verb conjugations.

    Communication is the best way to excel, sadly Chinese readings simply get in my way, many Chinese characters override my Japanese readings, so I simply can't can't can't can't can't remember the Japanese words on the spot!

    The other day you were conversing with Nilecat in Japanese, it's very impressive! Keep it up!

    Best of luck in your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback! I still have a long way to go, but I like using Japanese conversations as milestones in my journey! The more you're able to communicate, the better you will get, and the more you know you can use to a point that you're understood! :)

    ReplyDelete